Welcome seafood lovers! Are you tired of the same old fried catfish dishes? Look no further because we have a delicious and easy baked catfish nuggets recipe that will surely become a new favorite. With a crispy coating and tender, flaky fish inside, this twist on a classic dish is bound to impress. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this irresistible recipe.
Catfish Nuggets Recipe Baked: A Delicious Twist on a Classic Dish
If you’re a seafood lover looking for a new and tasty recipe, look no further! This easy-to-follow baked catfish nuggets recipe will satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests, this dish is sure to please everyone’s taste buds. Plus, baking instead of frying these catfish nuggets makes for a healthier, yet equally delicious, meal. So let’s get started!
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Rinse the catfish fillets under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. Cut the fillets into bite-sized pieces, about 2 inches long.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- In another shallow dish, beat the eggs until they are well combined. In a third shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each catfish nugget into the flour mixture, then the beaten eggs, and finally into the bread crumb mixture. Make sure to coat the nuggets evenly with each ingredient.
- Place the coated catfish nuggets onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the melted butter over the nuggets.
- Bake the catfish nuggets for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Once they are done, remove the nuggets from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the baked catfish nuggets with lemon wedges and chopped parsley for garnish, if desired. Enjoy!
- If you want to add some extra flavor, try adding your favorite herbs or spices into the bread crumb mixture.
- If you don’t have catfish fillets, this recipe can also be made with other types of fish such as tilapia or cod.
- For a healthier option, you can swap out the all-purpose flour for almond flour or coconut flour, and use olive oil instead of melted butter.
- If you prefer a spicier dish, add some cayenne pepper or chili powder into the flour mixture.
Baking vs. Frying:
Baking is a much healthier alternative to frying when it comes to cooking catfish nuggets. Not only does it save you from the excess oil and grease that comes with frying, but it also allows the catfish nuggets to retain their moisture and flavor. Plus, baking is a much easier and less messy cooking method compared to frying.
Why Choose Catfish?
Catfish is a popular choice in Southern cuisine and is known for its mild, slightly sweet flavor. It is also a good source of protein, low in calories and fat, and high in vitamins and minerals. You can find catfish in most supermarkets, and it’s usually more affordable than other types of seafood.
This baked catfish nuggets recipe is a delicious and healthier twist on a classic dish. With simple ingredients and easy instructions, it’s a great option for a quick and satisfying meal. Whether you’re a seafood lover or just looking for a new recipe to try, these catfish nuggets are sure to become a family favorite. So next time you’re craving some seafood, skip the fried version and give this baked recipe a try!
In conclusion, this baked catfish nuggets recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves seafood. It offers a tasty and unique twist on a classic dish, and is also incredibly easy to prepare. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also a healthier alternative to fried catfish nuggets. So don’t hesitate to whip up a batch of these mouth-watering nuggets for your next meal. Your taste buds will thank you!